Quick Bites: Peachy Keen
Today on Quick Bites, peach recipes!
- First, check out how the home-made gummy goodness is spreading: Nature of Grace has a recipe for Homemade Chipotle Peach Gummi Bears (via CraftGossip). She says she found her bear mold in the clearance section at a craft store. I have the same mold (some of you at our Day of Sharing ate bears from it) and I found it in the kids’ section of Hobby Lobby in June. You can also Google around for molds of all kinds! And of course if you want to learn advanced gummy techniques, there may still be spots left in our Gummy Class on July 24. If you’ve made something creative with gummy, be sure to tell us and we might feature you on a future post!
- Here are three options for grilled peaches: Evil Shenanigans turns them into Grilled Peach and Vanilla Cake Trifle with Golden Syrup Whipped Cream, and Dessert for Two (a great blog that scales down desserts into smaller versions) serves Grilled Peaches With Cinnamon Ice Cream. Good Life Eats shares a recipe for Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone Whip and Fresh Raspberry Sauce plus links to more peach recipes on that page.
- Kraft suggests this recipe for Peach Shortcakes.
- Bless Her Heart whipped up a delicious-looking Peach Bundt Cake with Peach Glaze and shared the recipe.
- Brown Eyed Baker found a pile of peaches a couple of years back and posted a recipe for Peach Crumb Bars.
Got another peach recipe? Post it in the comments! Meanwhile, pardon me while I go out back and water my old show cake.