Quick Bites: Fourth of July Mega-Edition Part 2
I found more Fourth of July goodies to share, and I’m sure more will come over the weekend as well. However, since all of the core volunteers at Capital Confectioners are working like crazy to present an amazing Day of Sharing, blog posts are going to be a little less frequent as we approach that date.
For now here are some more Independence Day desserts:
- First, the amazing Sweet Sugarbelle shows you how to make plastic templates to make fun little rocket cookies. She also partnered with Glorious Treats to whip up a tutorial on making star-shaped stained glass cookies. Both of these techniques are widely adaptable, so bookmark them for future use!
- Apparently featuring the irrepressible 1 Fine Cookie in the previous Quick Bites post inspired her to look into Canada Day desserts along with more Independence Day fun with Pop Rock Cupcakes with Fireworks Truffle Toppers.
- Going for a beach picnic this long weekend? Take some of Munchkin Munchies’ cute little Burger Bites Cookies or Bake at 350’s nifty Fried Chicken cookies. If you can’t go to an actual beach, you can still use that theme at your party with help from Diamonds For Dessert’s lovely Sand Dollar Cookies (via CraftGossip).
- If you’d like some healthier fare, Bakers Royale made some Fruit Dessert Pops with creative use of cutters (via CraftGossip). If you’d like to start out with healthy fruit and then do things to it that make it less healthy but extra fun, fANNEtastic Food has a great suggestion for strawberries at the bottom of this post and Tidy Mom shows you how to make Red White & Blue Candy Apples.
- Lastly, check out Sweetology 101’s adorable School House Rock I’m Just A Bill Cupcake. I love that song, and being the awful nerd that I am, I love some of the parodies even more. But I’ll let interested parties look those up themselves…