Quick Bites: Pick Strawberries Day Edition!
May is National Strawberry Month, and May 20 is Pick Strawberries Day. In celebration of both, enjoy these strawberry-themed Quick Bites!
- How much do you know about strawberries? Take this YumSugar quiz and find out!
- Pick Your Own shares piles of tips on strawberry picking, plus recipes, canning guides, and more.
- Here are several nifty things to do with strawberries as found on CraftGossip:
- 1FineCookie shows you how to stuff strawberries in a sort of cakeball-berry hybrid, in brownie fudge and cheesecake or in cupcakes with sprinkles.
- Muffin Tin Mom makes cute flowers out of strawberries with cutters (tip: I’ve used cutters on all kinds of fruit, cheese, bread, etc. and it never fails to get kids to eat stuff even when they’re whining).
- Likewise, Jillian of Birds and Baking shares a banana pancake recipe topped with tiny-cutter shapes of strawberries.
I’ve personally conducted two experiments with fresh strawberries in the last few weeks and will be getting around to those posts soon on my own blog and links will be posted here. I don’t have time to pick my own, unless you count picking up a 4lb box regularly at Costco! But they’re a delicious, inexpensive, nutritious food so get some for yourself today and get creative!